Continuing Professional Education (CPE), in Pennsylvania, is a planned competency-based, on-going program, whereby, professional educators can renew initial certification, obtain permanent certification, attain a Master’s Equivalency Certificate and/or to improve skills.
The Northeastern Educational Intermediate Unit and its CPE Design Team offer a CPE credit course program as a service to educators. All instructional faculties conducting the courses have demonstrated expertise in their field. Mrs. Regina Myers, Curriculum Specialist, has administrative responsibility for all courses.
All courses offered have been approved or are pending approval by the Pennsylvania Department of Education for CPE graduate credits and may be used to satisfy educational requirements. You may use CPE graduate level courses for permanent certification or Act 48. For a master’s equivalency, up to 18 credits may come from the CPE graduate level courses. At least 18 of the 36 required credits, for a Master’s Equivalency, MUST be content specific to the subjects you teach under your certification. Individual should check local school district policy if they wish to use CPE credits for purposes other than those outlined by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Need CPE Credits? Check out our current CPE course offerings here.
First time users, please follow the instructions listed below to register for a course.
- lick “Online Registration” in the upper right hand corner.
- For New Users: Create an account by clicking “New User? Click Here” in the upper right hand corner. Please enter your information to create an account.
- Click “View Courses.”
- Locate the course for which you would like to register and click “More Info.”
- Click “Register” to complete your course registration. You will receive a confirmation email related to your registration for this course.
- To finalize registration for CPE course offerings, please pay with debit/credit card.
NOTE: You are responsible for keeping your data current in order for you and your school to receive the necessary letters at the end of the course. To update your information, login and click on your name in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Update all necessary information and click update at the bottom of the page.